One of the things I enjoy the most about making tutorial videos is watching the reactions. In YouTube's backoffice, they give me great tools like Insight, Demographics, Discovery and Hot Spots. I can tell when people's attention drops off when watching. I can see what age groups and gender my audience is made up of. And... I can see where most people came from to get to see my videos.
This week, I was surprised to find out that a HUGE chunk of my video views were coming from WonderHowTo.com! Imagine my surprise when I find out that for some of the videos of mine that folks have contributed to this site, more than 3/4 of my views came from here!
Well this really educated me about the ways to get my content out to the masses. I've been missing a huge chunk of the pie! This leads me to "wonder" how much more exposure I could have been getting all along and, as a startup channel on YouTube, how much faster could I have made it to YouTube Partner status? I am going to have to show my friends in the "how-to" community how to really ramp up their content. Perhaps a tutorial video is in order? ;)
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades